LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Retro Phone and Brown Rice


This phone looks almost exactly like the one I couldn't reach when I was a little kid hanging out at my Grandpa's shophouse. They kept it way up high away from little kids like me. I didn't like the look of the exact simulacra made of black plastic, so I picked the chrome colored one. I do wish it had the dial pad though... the one with holes that people stick their fingers into to dial a number. I loved dialing the numbers and listen to the whirr of the dial as it sprung back to rest state.

Maybe that's why Grandma placed that phone way up high.

The thing I don't understand is the cost of this phone. Why is it FOUR times the price of our deck phone? It can't have cost more than the price of the deck phone to make, right? Which reminds me of Little Boy's question "Brown rice tastes bad. Brown rice requires less processing. Brown rice costs MORE? Why?"

Go figure!!

2 comments:

My Sinfonia said...

i have one of those bakelite phones with the proper dials. not that we use it. don't even have a fixed line. but just love retro look. you pay for the retro look!

Petunia Lee said...

Sinfonia - yeah... That is so not me. To pay for a look but I feel nostalgic when I look at that phone.