LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday, December 16, 2011

Another Bird




This is the 3rd pigeon to fly into our house. This one allowed itself to be caught and gently held in Little Boy's hand. I wanted to make pigeon soup but decided that this was too small a pigeon to be worth the trouble of offending my son.

I think the high ceilings confuse them into thinking that this might be a cavern with nice roosting spots. This is one half of a young couple. Both are small birds (therefore young?). Possibly newly married in search for a nesting site. Both birds flew in. One flew out and one flew up the stairwell and explored my master bedroom. Do pigeons mate for life?

8 comments:

My Sinfonia said...

Was Little Boy checking for messages on the pigeon? LOL

Petunia Lee said...

Sinfonia - Haha! It does look like it huh?

Anonymous said...

How would you have cooked the pigeon?

Petunia Lee said...

Theanne - I have an old recipe for "six-flavoured pigeon soup" that uses a variety of Chinese herbs. These herbs are normally paired with chicken (easier to buy) so it is quite easy to get packets of these already pre-packed from the stores.

Fresh Fry aka 福星 said...

well, i guess Little Boy can take heart tat at last birds like him when Miss Mao rejected his advances. hehehe....

Petunia Lee said...

Fry - Yeah... I will tell him that.

Wen-ai said...

This is not a typical pigeon! It's a "cuckoo " bird, I think. It makes cute coo-ing sounds, too cute to be a meal! Maybe keep it as a pet? ;) Little Boy will be a good bird master. ;)

Petunia Lee said...

Wen-Ai: Oh I see!!