LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sunday, January 3, 2010

The Aisle of Dessert



The thing I missed most about France is the selection of off-the-shelf desserts. My favorite is the "chocolat fondant" that comes in an un-sexy non-descript container but looks oh-so-elegant when presented on a plate. Then there is the Flanby which is an egg custard topped with caramel cream as follows. It comes in another cheapo looking plastic container but when presented on a plate... "C'est si bon".


And if you are trying to delude yourself and others about how good a chef you are, you simply buy the crême brûlée already in a glass jar and you just warm it up some and serve. Also very good.


But there's more. I ate dessert 3 times a day (yes... there has been some weight gain) but I couldn't manage to finish sampling all the different "mousses" (au chocolat, au café etc...). To fit in such a variety of desserts, the dessert aisle is as long as my local NTUC's dairy, vegetables and the fresh meat aisles put together!! See below.

2 comments:

Blur Ting said...

Oh, if you miss French desserts, you can head to Takashimaya basement. Yesterday I discovered a French patisserie selling chocolate lava! Good stuff.

Petunia Lee said...

Thanks for the contact... I'll go by when I next pop over to Orchard Rd. May take a while though...